Sunday, August 29, 2010

Easy Peasy Scrapbooking

A lot of people are doing digital scrapbooking now, but I still like the good old fashioned paper kind.  I'm very good about keeping up so every now and then I need some time to cram in as many pages as possible.  This weekend was one of those times.  Caryn and I spent the whole weekend being "crafty" and for me that meant doing about six months worth of events (now I'm only a year behind!).  I want my pages to go quickly, but still be nice.  Here are a few layouts from this weekend that require minimal time and paper.

Title page:
This one works well for single pictures, like school pictures, that don't need much in the way of explanation.

Photobucket

Jenn's Wedding:
This one is actually one page of an eight page set.  I wanted the few pics I had from the actual ceremony to have their own page.  A little backing for the photos with a contrast strip on each side helps them stand out from the background.

Photobucket

Fort Vancouver:
This is once i come back to time and time again.  It takes almost no time - just a strip down each side and some contrasting colored backing.

Photobucket

Gardening:
The second page of this was fun, though not what I originally imagined.  Just crop 8 photos to 3x3 and do a  little checkerboard.

Photobucket

Pickled:
Sometimes a have a lot of photos but I still want a fun background.  2 strips down one side and one across the bottom or top is an easy way to do it.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Thanks again for hosting "Girls Craft Weekend"!! I had such a good time, and am already looking forward to next time. - Caryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so don't have the patience for that! I look my books, but cropping and borders and such.... Good for you! They look awesome. Btw, are those Ft. Vancouver photos from the weekend we went?

    ReplyDelete